Generating transfer function

HARK FORUM Generating transfer function

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rohan sheelvant
    Participant

I have seen a video description of how to use the harktool to generate the Transfer Function using a sequence of TSP’s.

One thing I am not clear about is the speaker used for playing the TSP’s. They said that it should be loud enough. Can you mention how much loudness will be a safe limit so that I can do localization accurately?

I will be recording from a distance of 1.5m and I am using the following microphone: http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_Mic_Array_v2.0/

I prepared three TSP files recorded at different locations with different microphone arrays. The figure below shows an excerpt of one channel, which you open in Audacity to see the spectrogram.

In the two examples below you will see frequency components other than the original TSP signal. This is due to harmonics or reflected waves. It would be desirable to set the largest volume without such extra information.
      The following three examples are TSP files that function without any problems in performance. In other words, it is the limit value of the volume that harmonics and reflected waves are barely visible as shown below. Be careful not to make the line due to harmonics or reflected waves more strongly than that. It is most desirable to adjust to the invisible state as in the example at the top.

tsp.png

Attachments:
      Rohan sheelvant
      Participant

Ok

Thank you for your reply

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.