Kinect V2 not working properly

HARK FORUM Kinect V2 not working properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zeca Rosa
    Participant

I downloaded the Transfer functions zip provided in the support page. However, when I run my network I cannot get the values from z or elevation angle. Has anyone faced this issue?

Yuka Goto

Dear Zeca Rosa,

Thank you for using HARK.
        We are sorry for the late reply.
        The transfer function you downloaded from our support page was generated using TSP responses whose sound source elevations are all the same. (Please see our supported hardware page for the details: https://hark.jp/document/supported/)In another words, the recording setup of the sample transfer functions are 2D, not 3D. So, the sample transfer functions that we are providing will not work for 3D setup. If you need to work with 3D setup, then you will need to create a transfer function on your own. We just released manuals for transfer function generation. (https://hark.jp/document/transfer-function-generation-manuals/)
        We hope those manuals will be helpful.

Sincerely,

HARK Support Team

Zeca Rosa
        Participant

Thank you for the great response.
          I do need to work in a 3D setup. I have read the documents from the link but I did not understand how should I record my measurements (TSP) in order for them to be prepared for a 3D environment. Or does it only depend on the microphone position?

Yuka Goto

Dear Zeca Rosa,

It is true that the microphone arrangement is an important factor for sound source localization by Measurement-based method (Recording TSP responses is required). It would be difficult to localize elevation of sound source with 2D microphone array such as TAMAGO. To work with sound source localization in 3D setup, we recommend using a microphone array whose microphones are three-dimensionally arranged if you can.

You can try Geometric-calculation-based method. Since recording TSP responses is not required, it would be worth to try to see how it goes. You just need to specify all elevations that you plan to use for sound source localization by editing Sound Source Positions XML file.

Sincerely,

HARK Support Team

Zeca Rosa
            Participant

Thank you for the response.
              I do have a 3D microphone setup. I have an 8 mic array displayed in the vertex of a cube.
              I want to be able to sound locate in an environment all around the cube and in all elevations. Is there a proper way of configuring or do I have to do it manually for all elevations?

José Rosa

Yuka Goto

Dear José Rosa,

> I want to be able to sound locate in an environment all around the cube and in all elevations.

Please refer the manual for generating a transfer function by geometric-calculation-based method and specify your desired elevation positions in a Sound Source Positions XML file in HARKTOOL5-GUI. The manual uses a circle template but you can use cylinder, sphere, or grid.

Sincerely,

HARK Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.