Recording TSP

HARK FORUM Recording TSP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rohan sheelvant
    Participant

I am playing 16 copies of the TSP file 16384.little_endian.wav and recording the TSP response.

The TSP file 16384.little_endian.wav has 16384 samples and the sampling frequency is 16k Hz which means that the file is if 1.024 second.Now I am recording 16 TSP’s (concatenated without any silence region) and recording at 48k samples/sec using a microphone array.

Now while feeeding these TSP responces to the harktool4 software, Should I take care that each TSP response wav file (which will be input to the harktool4) is of 16.384 seconds (i.e 1.024*16) which will be 786,432 samples ?

In harktool4 software, TSP option – Settings 2 : I will keep the TSP offset = 0.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please check the following points.

Case.1:
      Separate human voices with HARK. In other words, if the sampling rate is sufficient at 16kHz, then:

1. Although the TSP response file is recorded at 48 kHz, please downsample this file to 16 kHz. Because 16384.little_endian.wav is a TSP file for the 0 to 8 kHz.
      2. HARKTOOL creates a transfer function from the TSP response file for the 0 to 8 kHz. In other words, it is not necessary to change the paramter settings for the number of samples by HARKTOOL.
      3. In the HARK network file, connect the MultiDownSampler node after the AudioStreamFromMic node, and downsample from 48kHz to 16kHz. And, the LocalizeMUSIC and GHDSS nodes use a transfer function for the 0 to 8 kHz.

Normally, 16 kHz is sufficient to process the human voice band.

Case.2:
      If you need to separate up to very high frequency bands like electronic sounds. In that case, do not use 16384.little_endian.wav. You need to recreate the TSP file itself for 48kHz. In other words, it is a TSP file up to 24kHz, which is the Nyquist frequency.

In this case, the 786,432 samples that you wrote in the post are correct as calculations.

If you can read Matlab script, my script may be helpful. In my code, TSP file and inverse TSP file are generated by specifying sampling rate etc. The reason for duplicating the channel of TSP file is to ensure that wios does not fail if the playback device is stereo.

I think my script maybe works with Matlab’s Clone (eg octave) too, but I will attach a 48kHz sample just in case.

Best regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.