Transfer functions

HARK FORUM Transfer functions

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sai
    Participant

Hi I’m SAI.

I Want to use Hark software to localise animal sounds. I learnt that for Hark it is necessary to generate transfer function to localise sounds.

In case of test and simulation (animal sound generated by speaker), I will generate transfer function in the same room where I conduct my simulation test.

But what if I want to localise sound in a farm or forest or any outdoors of animals? How should I generate the transfer function.

Could you please tell me where can I get the TSP response. So that I can play it in the speaker to generate transfer function.

please guide me in right direction to localise animal sounds in outdoors.

Awaiting your reply.

Yours Sincerely,
      Sai.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by sai.
      sai
      Participant

can any one please tell me where to find the TSP file to play in speakers to generate transfer function.?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by sai.
        nterakado

Thank you for your inquiry.

We assume that you will be using it outdoors.
          In that case, you don’t have to consider the influence of reverberation.
          I think Geometric-calculation-based transfer functions are sufficient.

You can create Geometric-calculation-based transfer functions in the following ways:

https://www.hark.jp/document/packages/harktool5-gui-en/harktool5-gui.html

TF Calculation Type
          Use Geometric Calculation: Calculate transfer function by geometric calculation

For more information on the transfer function, refer this page.

Best regards,
          HARK support team.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by nterakado.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by nterakado.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.